Your Feedback

We would like you to tell us about your experience with our services, as this will help us know what we are doing right and where we might improve. Your opinions, comments and ideas are important to us and do make a difference. 

We improve our services by listening to and learning from your comments and concerns. Please talk to any of our staff or volunteers at any time and you can also contact our Chief Executive Nigel Hartley directly by sending an email to or phone (01983) 217301.

You can also complete a 'Tell Us Your Experience' card which is available here and which can also be found at the Sunflower Cafe, Inpatient Unit and John Cheverton Centre. These cards are anonymous and you do not have to give your name.

If you are a patient, family member or carer, you are welcome to attend one of our regular meetings with other users of our services. At these meetings, you can tell us about your experiences of using our services. To find out more, contact the Head of Clinical Quality and Patient Experience by phone (01983) 217380 or email

What happens when things go wrong

If you have a complaint, we would like the opportunity to try to sort it out as soon as possible. You can complain formally by talking to any member of staff or a volunteer. You can also write a letter and hand it to a member of staff, or send it to the Chief Executive. You can also email or phone (01983) 217301

What happens next

A senior manager will contact you to confirm that we have received your complaint within three working days. A senior manager will offer to meet with you, to listen and understand your complaint fully. A manager will fully investigate the complaint and reply to you directly. If this is delayed, we will write to explain why within ten days and give a final answer with one month. The senior management team discusses all complaints and regularly makes decisions about the need to make changes.

Getting help to complain

Many people are not well enough to make a complaint, or may feel unsure about what to expect. Please feel free to bring a friend or relative with you to talk about the complaint, or ask them to help you write a letter. Alternatively, we can arrange for a member of staff to help you, or give you details of an independent advocacy service. This is a service which will offer you independent support during the complaint process. Please ask any member of staff or volunteer for help in accessing this service. 

You can also get advice and help from:

Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA)
0330 440 9000

Healthwatch Isle of Wight
(01983) 608608

Our response to your complaint

Our investigation into your complaint will always aim to give you a full and satisfactory answer. If you are not satisfied, you can ask to meet the Chief Executive to discuss your complaint further. 

If you feel that your complaint has still not been resolved satisfactorily, the Chief Executive may arrange for a review of your complaint to be led by an independent member of the hospice's Board of Trustees. If you are still dissatisfied, you can report your concern to the Care Quality Commission (CQC). You can contact them at:

CQC National Consumer Service Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne

03000 616161


"They look after you and they're so caring. I'm not frightened of dying."


Chrissie Fenton, patient