Moving from children's services to receiving support from adult services is called "transition".

This can be an anxious time for young people with terminal or life-threatening illnesses, their families and carers. You may be unsure about what to expect and what help may be available to plan for the future.

How we can help

We want our service to be shaped by you, but here are some ways we can help

  • Attending education and health care plan review meetings
  • Young adult days out and activities
  • Peer support for parents and siblings
  • Emotional support
  • Home visits

How to access our help

You can self-refer to our service, which means that you can contact us directly to access our service without having to first go through an education, health or social care professional.

Your GP can also refer you to our service.

You can contact us for more information by phoning our Young Adults Service Co-ordinator on (01983) 217370