We would like you to tell us about your experience with our services, as this will help us know what we are doing right and where we might improve. Your opinions, comments and ideas are important to us and do make a difference. 

We improve our services by listening to and learning from your comments and concerns. Please talk to any of our staff or volunteers at any time and you can also contact our Chief Executive Nigel Hartley directly by email or phone (01983) 217301.

There are a number of ways to give feedback:

  • Complete our Tell Us Your Experience survey online
  • Download a Tell Us Your Experience card and post it to us or hand it to a staff member or volunteer
  • Pick up a Tell Us Your Experience Card from our Mountbatten Café, Inpatient Unit, John Cheverton Centre and some of our shops. Complete the card and either post it in the box nearby or hand it to a staff member or volunteer. These cards are anonymous and you do not have to give your name.

What happens when things go wrong

If you have a complaint or wish to raise a concern, we would like the opportunity to try to sort it out as soon as possible. You can do this by talking to any member of staff or a volunteer. You can also write a letter and hand it to a member of staff, or send it to the Chief Executive.

A senior manager will contact you to confirm that we have received your complaint or concern within three working days. A senior manager will offer to meet with you, to listen and understand your concern or complaint fully. A manager will fully investigate and reply to you directly. If this is delayed, we will write to explain why within ten days and give a final answer within one month. The senior management team discusses all concerns complaints and regularly makes decisions about the need to make changes.

Getting help to complain

Many people are not well enough to make a complaint or raise a concern, or may feel unsure about what to expect. Please feel free to bring a friend or relative with you to talk about the concern or complaint, or ask them to help you write a letter. Alternatively, we can arrange for a member of staff to help you, or give you details of an independent advocacy service. This is a service which will offer you independent support during the complaint process. Please ask any member of staff or volunteer for help in accessing this service. 

Other sources of advice and help

seAp - an independent charity that provides free independent and confidential advocacy services

  • Phone: 0330 440 9000
  • Text: send the keyword SEAP to 80800, followed by your message
  • Email: [email protected]

Healthwatch Isle of Wight

  • Phone: (01983) 608608
  • Text: 07739436600